Wednesday, 30 January 2008

J = Joy

Joy is:
  • A sunny day or a good storm
  • A simple tomato sandwich
  • The first basil of the season
  • The smells and sounds of provencal lamb, aubergine and capsicums grilling on our new barbecue
  • The pop of a champagne cork
  • A glass of 2003 Kawarau Estate Reserve Pinot Noir
  • A drink with a good friend last night, watching the yachts playing on the harbour
  • A purring cat
  • Soaring music
  • Floating in warm water
  • A clean sheet of paper and a good pen
  • A new book
  • A job well done and procrastination shown the door
  • A happy client
  • Our painting from Quebec City
  • Business class
  • Arriving somewhere new
  • A clean house and freshly ironed clothes
  • Helping someone
  • A tui singing
  • Pohutakawa in flower
  • Agapanthas on our driveway today
  • A good workout, feeling virtuous
  • Sleeping in
  • Laughter
  • My sister (in fact and name)
  • My man
  • A list of things that make me smile

6 comments:

Mrs Slocombe said...

Jam

Indigo Bunting said...

I love this list and physically smiled at the first photo! Thank you. (And you're making me yearn for summer. Perhaps I should think about x-country skiing and snowshoeing in the joy categories!)

Helen said...

Don't forget chocolate.

Bridgett said...

Kinda just what I needed to read today.

Mali said...

How could I forget chocolate????? (ermmmmm .... guilt at Christmas over-indulgence perhaps?)

or jam?!

Deloney said...

Swiss Garden Berry Jam (raspberries, strawberries, red currants, gooseberries).