At 45 you’d think I’d know a few things by now. But I feel as if the list of unknown things is just growing as I age.
This morning though I learned two things I didn’t know yesterday.
- A water contractor we use regularly has their base at the bottom of our hill. I drive past it every day, but noticed it only this morning.
- 25% Americans are Catholic. Never knew that. Thanks to the BBC for informing me whilst I was on the Arc Trainer at the gym.
Still, there are a lot of things still on my list of unknowns. Questions that arose this morning at the gym:
- Is the Arc Trainer really worth it?
- Why did I think I was fat when I was so slim?
- Why don’t politicians know when to stop talking?
- What is wrong with elitism?
- Is the Tall Poppy Syndrome a uniquely kiwi issue? If so why?
- How can America portray itself as the most civilised nation on earth yet have 3000 people on death row? (another fact I learned this morning on the BBC)
- How come the French got great food and wine, fashion AND the sexiest language on earth?
- Australians ... why?
- Why do I like clothes so much?
- Why can’t some people have children and others, who shouldn’t, have dozens?
- Has my sister gone into labour yet?