Saturday, 29 November 2008

R = Relax

I can feel it. It’s coming.

We sat on our deck last night. There was no wind, and the sky was clear and blue. The birds were singing in the pine trees above us, and in the ngaio trees below. Gershwin was lying in the sun, stretched out, basking in it. Cleo came along, jumped onto the bench beside me, in another quick movement onto the covered barbecue, and surveyed her empire. D and I had glasses of cool sauvignon blanc, enjoying that Friday night feeling.

Early summer. December is almost here. Christmas is coming. Our summer break is not far away. It’s in the air. I can feel it.

The year is almost over. So we’re going to start relaxing now.

3 comments:

Helen said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHiWn-gzlh8

Bridgett said...

God, I love that time of year. My cracked heels envy you.

Indigo Bunting said...

I love that I have friends on the other side of the world through whom I can live vicariously.