But it is now the 3rd day of 2009, my summer holiday is over, and so my thoughts are turning to 2009. What will this year hold for me?
I know there will be travel and celebrations (our 25th wedding anniversary and my husband’s 50th birthday), but I’d like to see some changes in our life.
- We're going to get out and about more. There is great theatre in Wellington, and we hardly ever go. Likewise, the art galleries. And plenty of bush walks (See 3 and 4 below).
- I’d like to end the procrastination.
- I’m sick of being scared of heights too. Note to consider hypnotherapy – especially as I’ve promised my husband I will join him on a balloon trip on safari in Africa.
- Weight loss. I am relatively fit but want to be fitter. I am tired of cringing every time I see a photo of myself. Picture this for the ideal summer holiday. The beach on Christmas day. Catching up with a friend I haven’t seen in several years who was staying at a bach nearby. She is of course petite, skinny and glamorous, men love her. One-on-one I can cope with that. But then she introduces me to her friend, also petite, skinny and glamorous, a TV dietician who was given the name “Evil Diet Witch.” Needless to say I got out of sight as soon as possible, home to champagne and the rest of our Christmas chocolates as solace. But no more! ... though I have to finish the Christmas cake and brandy-soaked mince pies first of course ...)
- Which brings me to a new hairstyle. Ditto re the photo. And if I cut my long hair off (sigh) I’m more likely to go to the gym every day.
- But most of all, I’d really like to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. I’m starting to feel a little stagnant, and need some new challenges. Feel as if I've been searching for a long time. Maybe some study. Maybe a different job (though even as I type this I scream silently at the thought of giving up my self-employed lifestyle). Maybe I’ll spend the first half of 2009 working on that.